Unique Features of Weitzman ECHO
- Community Health Center, Inc. is the only Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) to operate its own Project ECHO® clinics. Weitzman ECHO clinics are specifically designed to meet the needs of safety net primary care providers and their communities.
- CHC conducts Weitzman ECHO sessions for multiple specialties and provides nationwide access for individual health centers as well as larger entities.
- Weitzman ECHO uses a cloud-based videoconferencing system that is user-friendly, secure, and HIPAA-compliant. Participants can easily connect via desktop or laptop computer, Android, iOS smartphone, tablet computer, or videoconferencing systems. No additional infrastructure is required.
- CHC has the capacity to collaborate with larger organizations, state and regional entities to develop and host customized Weitzman ECHO clinics with flexible curriculums and choice of specialty.
- Strengthens primary care infrastructure
- Improves communication and coordination with specialists
- Provides access to expert guidance
- Improves scope of practice for primary care
- Promotes implementation of evidence-based practices
The Research & Development, Implementation, and Outcome Evaluation of Weitzman ECHO has been supported by the following entities:
- National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- National Healthcare for the Homeless Council (NHCHC)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
State Medicaid Agencies
- The Delaware Department of Health and Social Services
- The Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Financing
- Maine Quality Counts
Private & Philanthropic Foundations
- The Mayday Fund
- The Wallace Foundation
- The Pfizer Foundation
- The Nicholson Foundation