A Collaboration Between:
Thank you for your interest in our program. We have reached capacity for this cohort and enrollment is now closed.
You are welcome to sign up below to be added to our waiting list in the event that seats open up or we run additional cohorts in the future.
What is Weitzman ECHO Childhood Trauma in the COVID-19 ERA?
Weitzman ECHO Childhood Trauma in the COVID-19 Era will work on what we know about trauma and its impact on youth, families, schools, and providers and assist participants with putting plans into motion using today’s resources.
This 6-month program will meet twice monthly to connect primary care medical, behavioral health, and school-based health providers over Zoom videoconferencing to a community of peers and subject-matter experts. Each one-hour session will consist of a brief didactic presentation on key issues followed by real patient cases with actionable recommendations.
Program Objectives This ECHO will:
- Equip primary care medical, behavioral health, and school-based health providers with strategies for addressing how to identify trauma in pediatric and adolescent populations
- Review common therapies and treatment approaches for patients who have experienced trauma
- Provide space for participants to reflect on the burnout, compassion fatigue, and trauma being experienced by providers
- Share best practices on how to communicate with patients, families, and schools in a virtual environment
- Develop a trauma-informed work climate
- Create awareness of trauma-informed work with different populations (BIPOC, LGBTQ, etc.)
Are there any requirements for participation?
This program is supported by the National Council for Behavioral Health, and participation is available at no cost for primary care medical (PCPs) and behavioral health providers. However, participants should review the Weitzman ECHO Terms of Participation and are expected to attend a majority of the sessions, submit at least one case for recommendations, and share their webcam on the live sessions if they have one available. We will be accepting up to 80 participants to this program on a first come first serve basis- so sign up now! We will be creating a waiting list for potential future iterations of the program.
When do sessions occur?
Sessions are held on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 12PM - 1PM ET/9AM - 10AM PT beginning January 15th and running through the end of June 2021.
How do I join the live sessions? (Do I need any special equipment?)
Weitzman ECHO sessions are held virtually using Zoom Video Conferencing. Access is available on any computer with an internet connection, phone (audio only), and smartphone.
For more information contact:
Lindsey Lehet, Program Specialist