Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education
In December 2020, Community Health Center, Inc. and its Weitzman Institute received Joint Accreditation for Interprofessional Continuing Education effective through November 2024. CHC is the first Federally Qualified Health Center in the United States to be awarded Joint Accreditation, further solidifying its leadership role in offering multidisciplinary education for health care teams caring for the nation’s most vulnerable patient populations.
The Weitzman Institute now has the ability to award continuing education credit (CEUs) to a wide array of health professionals represented by the below organizations:
- Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- American Academy of PAs (AAPA)
- American Dental Association’s Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
Commitment to High Quality Education for the Health Care Team
The Weitzman Institute aims to provide high-quality, interdisciplinary, and innovative continuing education opportunities for health professionals in FQHCs and other primary care practices across the United States. Our mission is to enhance the team-based practice skills of primary care providers and care team members on chronic and complex conditions and diseases to improve the health of the vulnerable patient populations they serve.
Earning CME/CNE/CEUs as a Health Care Professional with the Weitzman Institute
The Weitzman Institute currently offers continuing education credit opportunities for a wide variety of live educational programs including Project ECHO, webinars, remote nurse practitioner residency didactics, specialized consulting offerings, and more. If you are currently participating in a Weitzman Institute program, please check in with your Weitzman contact person to confirm if your program offers credits and, if so, how to access these credits.
- Among other exciting new changes, the Weitzman Institute is working on implementing a dynamic CEU tracking platform for you to keep track of all your CE activities. Along with this service will come a new way of registering for our programs. We will be communicating this change when it applies to your educational activity.
- Additionally, we are working to offer asynchronous CEU options available anytime, anywhere for the busy primary care health professional. Check back soon to view updates to this exciting new initiative!
Joint Providership Opportunities for Organizations Looking to Offer CEUs
The Weitzman Institute is proud to be partnering on a limited basis with other organizations to assist in developing, delivering, and evaluating educational programs in order to offer CEUs. If you are interested in partnering with the Weitzman Institute to offer CEUs for an upcoming continuing education event, please contact [email protected]. A formal application process will begin later in 2021, so please check back for additional details soon.